Social Media Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Social Media Manager role is a unique opportunity to tell powerful stories, showcase the work of our employees and driver partners and elevate the Uber Brand experience. This role calls for a rare combination of strategic planning and analytics, creativity, community management and networking. This person should be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems, thrive in a startup culture, and above all be passionate about the brand and its communities.Our team is responsible for. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced team in developing best-in-class creative solutions on a global scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Strategy. Define overall social media strategy for all channels and define editorial guidelines per targets / per Uber options
- Content creation and production. Plan social media content (based on marketing calendar and specific social media calendar) and be in charge of their production and publication
- Execution Operationalise campaigns across cities in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Manage the content inbound process and ensure transparency amongst key stakeholders
- Analytics. Own metrics (KPIs, targets) for this function along with complete reporting, analysis and recommendations
- Community Management. Develop strong community management, including reactive and proactive CM (generate good buzz, news hacking,...) for all channels, all Uber options (uberPOOL, UberEATS,...)
- Maestro. Coordinate with all teams involved (marketing, communications, support, general managers). This is an individual contributor role
- Playbooking. Document everything and share within Uber team and outside our key learnings to pave the way for the future and scale social media
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE
- 3+ years of experience in marketing and community management in a fast paced environment
- Experience either within social media agencies or within digital/social media departments in creative and strategic brands
- Experience in managing social media for "consumer" brands on main channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram at least
- Experience in social media listening, insights tools, analytics, reporting
- Experience in leveraging social media with consumer support, and working with consumer support teams,
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Strong network with social media and community management (agencies, channels, other CMs,...)
- Photoshop knowledge is a strong requirement
- Naturally curious and creative. Able to innovate to solve problems. Constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Strong conceptual thinker, someone who understands the trends and is up to date with the current social media landscape
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- The rare opportunity to be a part of building a worldwide brand, ensuring its success and helping evolve it for the future
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top