Social Media Community Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
This role is responsible for shaping Uber’s social media content and engaging with our ever-growing fan base. As a Social Media Community Manager, you will shape storytelling for the Uber brand on numerous social channels. We are looking for a highly creative person who is eager to stretch their content-development expertise and be part of developing a truly spectacular social presence.
From tapping into the latest meaningful brand engagement opportunity to sharing updates about the most recent social platform rollout, you will have your finger on the pulse of all things social media-you’re a true innovator and trailblazer.
What you’ll do
- Identify people who can affect or sway engagement opportunities across our global accounts.
- Collaborate closely with Customer Service to establish ownership over influencers.
- Strategize and create evergreen content-tap into culturally relevant moments to shape.
- Schedule and publish content across social channels daily, ensuring our brand remains top-of-mind for existing and prospective users.
- Identify can’t-miss social media engagement opportunities for the Uber brand.
- Innovate and iterate on existing social strategies to ensure a best-in-class social experience for Uber fans and followers.
- Become a master of the Uber voice, engaging social audiences exceeding 5M.
- Develop content that is emotive and exciting, while scaling to a global audience.
- Apply a social lens to existing brand content and messaging-tailor all items appropriately by channel.
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years social media content development experience.
- Deep understanding of social media management tools.
- Exceptional writing skills with deep attention to detail, grammar, and tone.
- Experience working cross-functionally with an array of internal teams.
- Creative outlook with inspired brand content ideas
- Elevated sense of humor, writing skills infused with wit and charm.
- Experience with Sprinklr, Brandwatch, or similar tools.
- Flexible, with the ability to excel in a work environment that is constantly evolving.
- Copywriting experience is a plus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top