Social Media Community Manager
This role is responsible for shaping Uber’s social media content and engaging with our ever-growing fan base. As a Social Media Community Manager, you will shape storytelling for the Uber brand on numerous social channels. We are looking for a highly creative individual who is eager to stretch their content-development muscles and be part of building a truly spectacular social presence.
From tapping into the latest meaningful brand engagement opportunity to sharing updates about the most recent social platform rollout, this person will have their finger on the pulse of all things social media—a true innovator and trailblazer.
- Identify influencer engagement opportunities across our global accounts.
- Collaborate closely with Customer Service to establish ownership over influencer interactions.
- Strategize and build evergreen content—tap into culturally relevant moments to shape.
- Schedule and publish content across social channels daily, ensuring our brand remains top-of-mind for existing and prospective users.
- Identify can’t-miss social media engagement opportunities for the Uber brand.
- Innovate and iterate on existing social strategies to ensure a best-in-class social experience for Uber fans and followers.
- Become a master of the Uber voice, engaging social audiences exceeding 5M.
- Develop content that is emotive and exciting, while scaling to a global audience.
- Apply a social lens to existing brand content and messaging—tailor all items appropriately by channel.
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- 3 – 4+ years social media content development experience.
- Deep understanding of social media management tools.
- Exceptional writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, and tone.
- Experience working cross-functionally with an array of internal teams.
- Creative outlook with inspired brand content ideas
- Elevated sense of humor, writing skills infused with wit and charm.
- Experience with Sprinklr, Brandwatch, or similar tools.
- Flexible, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Copywriting experience is a plus.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401 (k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top