Social & Content Marketing Manager - ANZ
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 600+ cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
As member of a cross-functional marketing team, the ideal candidate will be able to operate and coordinate across multiple teams and thrive in a startup culture. This role is all about creating positive conversation ripples for Uber and UberEATS online. With oversight and ownership of the content published across all of the brand's social media channels - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and the Blog - you'll play an integral role to not only grow the business, but shape people's perceptions of it. You should be an innovator and expert in social media marketing, content development, and creative ideation —ready to scale Uber's social engagement to match our rapidly growing global brand.
What you'll do:
- Operationalise the regional social & content strategy within your Country, working with both Regional Marketing Managers and City Marketing Managers to produce and publish relevant and engaging content across channels
- Coordinate all outbound communications via our social platforms, effectively managing the editorial calendar for your Country
- Strategically prioritise and scale content initiatives - including publisher partnerships and influencer partnerships - based on your Country's unique business requirements and customer needs
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including Performance Marketing, Community Operations, Policy & Communications to maximise the business impact of our content
- Serve as the Country point person for the regional and global social & content marketing teams - carrying forward the best practices, timely case studies, and tool expertise to local marketers
- Liaise closely with the Research & Insights and Paid Social Media teams to understand the business impact of all activity across channels
- Display in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience running Social Marketing efforts for a global brand
- Exceptional writing abilities and eye for shareable content —while overseeing content production across cities, Country Social & Content Managers may write/edit content being published across channels
- Passion for supporting intrinsically social content - ideating with local campaign teams, carrying forward regional campaigns concepts, and guiding external partners against the regional strategy
- A keen eye for measurement and comfort with data, leading the Country reports against KPIs and key strategic insights (experience with social analytics and social listening tools a must)
- Knowledgeable or willing to learn about social media amplification and distribution, including organic and paid strategies, and native distribution (platforms include but are not limited to: Sprinklr, Outbrain, Media Partners)
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Supreme collaboration and organisational skills to manage cross-functional stakeholders, internally (PR, Comm Opps, Brand Marketing) and externally (ex. agencies, influencers, publishers)
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Ground floor opportunity to shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and products and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top