Snr Associate, Strategy & Planning - Continental Europe, Community Operations
Snr Associate, Strategy & Planning – CONTINENTAL EUROPE COMMUNITY OPERATIONS
Are you passionate about high-growth companies, have strong data analysis skills and a long-term strategic mindset? Do you have a passion for unearthing and analysing lots of data and proposing, resolving, and implementing solutions to key business issues? Do you aspire to take on new, challenging projects within a stimulating team? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? If so we have a challenge for you at Uber Paris, within our Continental Europe Community Operations team.
As the Strategy & Planning Manager for Continental Europe Community Operations, you will help with the strategic business planning process and spearhead transformational projects across different geographies and diverse functions. You will develop presentations to communicate strategic plans and visions, build and implement a broad communications strategy on our performance and opportunities, author strategic initiatives, explore complex business issues and develop action plans on strategic projects (product launches, CommOps footprint…).
Based in Paris, but working closely with operations, General Managers and functional teams across Continental Europe (Western, Eastern Europe and Russia), this role will be instrumental in driving our business forward.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with local and central teams (in Amsterdam) and the Head of Continental Europe Community Operations to identify strategic priorities and match them with strong data analysis and actionable recommendations. Build a rigorous process to prioritize them and act as a filter.
- Manage projects: be a hustling multi-tasker, supporting different teams across the organization on key projects. You’ll be the go to person for many key initiatives.
- Actively support all strategic planning and analytical activity for senior management of the country, and participate in making key strategic decisions
- Develop and manage tools and processes to execute against strategic and business plans, share best practices
- Build and implement a communications strategy to all stakeholders, pushing detailed reports and key messages. Clarify & evangelize our vision & mission to our partners
- Work closely with other Strategy and Planning Leads to align overall vision
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4+ years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, strategy, business intelligence or related areas, including leadership of project teams and management of junior team members. High-growth operations or startup experience a plus
- Masters degree in science/engineering, economics, finance, management, social sciences, law or similar field (MBA a plus)
- Excellent Excel skills, SQL proficiency preferred
- Great understanding of business strategy and databases
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems
- Strong communication skills to digest and understand business needs from different cities, regions and product lines
- Great communications skills and stakeholder management to work with teams around the EU, EMEA and globally
- Adaptability and organisation: you will need to juggle multiple projects in a continuously moving environment
- Structure and clear communication – we need you to be able to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Strong ability to take a long-term view of the whole picture and think about the business at a strategic level
- Attention to detail: accuracy is a must!
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you helped build. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- Monthly gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top