SMB Sales Manager, Uber Eats - San Francisco
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber Eats is seeking a skilled sales manager to be a leader on our SMB Sales Team in San Francisco. We are looking for someone who can balance the short and long term, think strategically, and also execute at a tactical level. You'll work closely with general managers and sales operations to support processes that scale and innovate Uber Eats sales from the ground up.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Passionate with making restaurants successful on our platform
- Lead and manage a team of Account Executives and Account Representatives
- Cultivate a highly successful and engaged sales team through hands-on coaching and development of sellers
- Consistently attain short and long-term goals that drive our business
- Closely manage lead flow, pipeline progression, and accurately forecast the business
- Continually improve sales productivity in a highly transactional environment
- Facilitate focused and productive communication and collaboration among your reps and between your reps/cross-functional partners
- Be a thought partner to the Regional Sales Manager and Regional General Managers in regards to sales and restaurant partnerships
- Collaborate closely with sales operations to analyze results and identify opportunities to improve systems, processes, and programs
What You'll Need
- Minimum 8 years of sales experience
- Minimum 4 years of sales management experience, preferably in an inside sales / highly transactional sales environment
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A track record of steadily growing responsibility in sales or customer growth
- A track record and deep understanding of best practices around sales productivity
- Proven history of developing top reps and coaching reps to better performance
- Proficiency with Salesforce, forecasting, and territory planning
- Strong use of insights and data-driven decision making to inform the sales process
- Ability to adapt to changes; Uber's high growth means frequent change for teams
- Highly creative; passion to change and revolutionize the food industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Self-starter and collaborative leader. Everywhere you go, you can't help but mobilize people, build things, resolve problems, get into the details, go above and beyond, and draw out the best in people. You are a doer and motivator of others
About the Team
With Uber Eats, we're building Uber's newest and fastest growing business, spanning 120+ cities across all six continents in just under 2 years. Today, Uber Eats is available in Los Angeles, Seattle, Philadelphia, New York, Washington D.C, Toronto, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and many more cities -- and we're just getting started.
Back to top