Site Reliability Engineer, Self-Driving (Pittsburgh)
Uber ATG is the Pittsburgh R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our work will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
We’re searching for great site reliability engineers to join our Offboard Infrastructure engineering team. We are responsible for building the software infrastructure and tools that underlies our datacenters and applications, powers the decisions of the machine learning software, and serves up all the key data pipelines and key data models. Our software is fundamental to our success and every engineer at the ATG depends on it. We need systems and software engineers who are looking at making a direct and immediate impact on a world class engineering organization.
Check out our ATG here: https://www.uber.com/info/atc/
You will be part of a team of engineers with a healthy mix of systems and software engineering skills, executing on large-scale infrastructure projects in a fast paced environment, ensuring that software services that touch the physical world are always available and performant under exponential growth conditions.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with all teams, spanning the range from machine learning teams, to datacenter teams, to sensor teams, to understand needs, distill requests, come up with plans, get buy-in, and write software in our Pittsburgh office.
- Write software and tooling for processing peta-scale datasets.
- Provide supporting infrastructure to other teams so we can write code affecting the real world.
- Work with other elite engineers who will challenge and push you to your best.
Here are the experience we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or a related field. A MS or equivalent is preferred.
- Programming skills in at least one of Python, C, C++, or Java.
- 2+ years or equivalent experience, 5+ for senior engineers.
- A strong background in Linux software development.
- Experience working with Mesos is a plus!
- Working experience with web-scale deployment tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc).
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker) and web services frameworks.
- Strong skills in process, documentation, and change management.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top