Site Reliability Engineer - Payments (Amsterdam)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
You will be part of a team of engineers with a healthy mix of systems and software engineering skills, executing in a constantly evolving work environment. This involves ensuring that software products that touch the physical world are always available and performant under exponential growth conditions.
What you'll do
- Partner with fellow engineers to architect and build mission critical systems that can stand the test of scale and availability, while limiting operational overhead.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and contribute to needed escalation missions.
What you'll need
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- Grit, self-motivation and a deep feeling of ownership.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Breakfast and lunch onsite.
- Work in the very centre of Amsterdam!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top