Site Leader, Egypt
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is looking for a leader to drive the growth, efficiency and quality of our Customer support operations in the Middle East.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners-our community-is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
We're looking for an exceptional Community Operations Leader to create and develop our support operations across the Middle East and Africa. This will include a team of several hundred support representatives and dozens of people managers. Every team member will not only be providing world-class support to Uber users, but also participating in ongoing support experiments, including systems, new product, metrics, and escalations.
You are prepared to make tough, data-backed decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed, and highly visible environment. You are passionate about Uber, solutions, and people and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
What you'll do
As the Community Operations Leader, you will report to the Head of Community Operations for the region. You will be responsible for maintaining high quality service and profitability of the operation. Additional responsibilities include choosing operational strategies, conducting needs assessments, conducting ongoing performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses. You will identify and evaluate state-of-the-art technologies, building systems and processes to deliver with efficiency.
It is critical that you ensure that both riders and driver partners receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support. You will be developing and motivating a team of leaders and managers, empathizing with the problems that riders and drivers face every day, and implementing solutions that strengthen trust of the brand in our communities. You are highly ethical - driven by making an impact and doing the right thing. You are passionate, and above all, highly-focused on converting users into loyal advocates for the brand. You will be building and managing an entrepreneurial, high-performing, and data-driven team that thrives on solving problems and eliminating the root cause of issues.
Who you are
- A builder. You are up for the challenge of developing the center from scratch, from the facilities to the staff and then nurture that team and build the right culture
- A self-starter. You take initiative and seize opportunities.
- A strategic and skilled leader. You take charge when necessary, but can identify when to take a step back and let your team lead the way. You can create relationship and interact with. stakeholders at an executive level.
- Excited about Uber. You love Uber and moving people, in all senses of the word.
- Passionate about helping customers. Growing and developing the service culture within our community is your mission.
- Analytical. You use data to get things done.
- Creative. You are a demonstrated critical thinker.
- A role model. You lead by example.
What you'll need
- At least 10 years of Operations leadership experience directing large teams.
- The ability to manage a 200 person contact center.
- MBA or engineering graduate degree preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in stressful situations.
- Willingness to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves.
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top