Site Leader- Center of Excellence, Lisbon
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
ABOUT THE JOB
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders, driver-partners, couriers and restaurants —our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
We're looking for an exceptional Site Leader to develop a new Uber's support center in Lisbon, Portugal. This center will house a team of several hundreds of customer support representatives and several people managers.
The right business leader is prepared to make tough, data-backed decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed, and highly visible environment. They are passionate about Uber, passionate about solutions, and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
As the Site Leader, you will be responsible for the overall development and management of a world-class support facility, maintaining high quality service and profitability of the operation. Additional responsibilities include determining operational strategies, conducting needs assessments, conducting on-going performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses. You will identify and evaluate state-of-the-art technologies, building systems and processes to deliver with hyper-efficiency.
It is critical that you ensure that riders, driver partners, couriers and restaurants receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support. You will be building and motivating a team of leaders and managers, empathizing with the problems that riders and drivers face every day, and implementing solutions that strengthen trust of the brand in our communities. You are highly principled — driven by making an impact and doing the right thing. You are passionate, and above all, hyper-focused on converting users into loyal advocates for the brand. You will be building and managing an entrepreneurial, high-performing, and data-driven team that thrives on solving problems and eliminating the root cause of issues.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- An entrepreneur. You act like an owner and make decisions as such
- A strategic and natural leader. You take charge when necessary, but can identify when to take a step back and let your team lead the way
- Passionate about Uber. You love Uber and moving people, in all senses of the word
- Customer obsessed. Growing and developing the service culture within our community is your mission
- Analytical. You use data to get things done
- Creative. You are a proven critical thinker
- A role model. You lead by example
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- +10 years of Operational leadership experience. This must include experience in managing large teams with overall site ownership (site leader) in a large multinational company (like Apple, Google, Citibank, etc.)
- Strong experience in managing complexity, migrating work into site and changeability
- MBA or engineering graduate degree from a top school preferred
- Strong planning and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in stressful situations
- Experience in quality standards, processes like six sigma and re-engineering
Back to top