Site Lead- Center of Excellence
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
ABOUT THE JOB
- At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We're looking for an exceptional Site Leader to manage Uber's support center in Krakow, Poland. This center houses a team of customer support representatives and several people managers. Every team member here not only provides world-class support to Uber users, but also participates in ongoing support experiments, including systems, new product, metrics, and escalations.
- The right business leader is prepared to make tough, data-backed decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed, and highly visible environment. They are passionate about Uber, passionate about solutions, and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
- As the Site Leader, you will be responsible for the overall management of a world-class support facility, maintaining high quality service and profitability of the operation. Additional responsibilities include determining operational strategies, conducting needs assessments, conducting on-going performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses. You will identify and evaluate state-of-the-art technologies, building systems and processes to deliver with hyper-efficiency.
- It is critical that you ensure that both riders and driver partners receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support. You will be building and motivating a team of leaders and managers, empathizing with the problems that riders and drivers face every day, and implementing solutions that strengthen trust of the brand in our communities. You are highly principled — driven by making an impact and doing the right thing. You are passionate, and above all, hyper-focused on converting users into loyal advocates for the brand. You will be building and managing an entrepreneurial, high-performing, and data-driven team that thrives on solving problems and eliminating the root cause of issues.
- An entrepreneur. You act like an owner and make decisions as such.
- A strategic and natural leader. You take charge when necessary, but can identify when to take a step back and let your team lead the way.
- Obsessed with Uber. You love Uber and moving people, in all senses of the word
- Passionate. Growing and developing the service culture within our community is your mission.
- Analytical. You use data to get things done.
- Creative. You are a proven critical thinker.
- A role model. You lead by example.
- Minimum 10 years of Operational leadership experience. This must include experience in managing large teams with overall site ownership (site leader) in a large multinational company (like Apple, Google, Citibank, etc.)
- Strong experience in managing complexity, migrating work into site and changeability.
- MBA or engineering graduate degree from a top school preferred.
- Strong planning and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in stressful situations
- Experience in quality standards, processes like six sigma and re-engineering
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Phone and gym reimbursement.
- Health insurance.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top