Site Analytics & Reporting Manager (Chicago)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service implemented in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe and we’re looking for a Site Analytics & Reporting Manager (you!) to develop and lead various support efforts within our Centers of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing premier customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community’s toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
As a partner to our COEs, you will help support strategic decision making processes through your analytics, heavy data driven approach, and operational mindset. You should have thorough analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
What you’ll do
- Create, maintain, and continue to optimize weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to the COE
- Continually improve and automate our methods for gathering data and incorporating it into real-time models, analysis, and actions
- Review data models and queries while performing weekly and ad hoc data analysis to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed
- Proactively develop new KPIs/metrics to identify trends
- Effectively communicate insights from and be able to tell a story around data
- Work with senior leaders at the COEs and business partners to understand the “Why?” in addition to the “What?” behind Uber’s biggest customer support opportunities
- Guide, lead, and develop a small team of analysts
What you’ll need
- At least 2 years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience
- Experience managing others
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Self-starter – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- SQL Proficiency
Bonus points if
- High-growth operations or startup experience
- Experience in service-industry, customer support, manufacturing or distribution
- Python, R proficiency
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top