Service Quality Assurance Manager - NorthAm
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the job
We're looking for a Quality Assurance Manager who will lead our quality assurance efforts for the US and Canada. You will be responsible for ensuring that quality improvement feedback is consistently available to site managers so that Uber as a whole is moving toward an enjoyable and effortless customer experience. This role will report to the Regional Service Quality Manager for US and Canada. This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on process management, delivering against KPI goals, and continuing process improvement with use of data analytics; those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and eager to lead.
What you'll do
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing teams within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver on operational KPIs
- Analyze the performance of your teams and provide constructive feedback to leads (internal and external) on a consistent basis
- Gather key insights from the QA process to recommend quality improvements and make key business decisions
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert (SME) on your team's processes and policies
- Responsible for identifying trends with respect to team's' performance and overall support quality
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a world-class experience every time, all the time
What you'll need
- At least 5 years proven business leader with professional experience in customer support strategy or quality assurance
- At least 2 years of previous people manager experience
- Experienced team leader with a track record for attracting and developing strong talent, and building high performing teams
- An entrepreneur; act like an owner and make decisions as such
- Self motivated with a strong affinity for problem solving, always challenging the status quo and never settling for how something 'has always been done'
- Demonstrated success in using data to make customer-obsessed decisions and drive behavior change in support organizations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills across multiple functions/teams
- Obsessed with Uber and moving people in all senses of the word
- Prior professional experience with process optimization, program management, customer support strategy, or quality assurance
- 20% international travel required
Bonus points if
- SQL experience or knowledge of at least one programming language
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co-workers
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top