Service Desk Support Lead
L3 Service Desk Support Lead
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We're looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter while taking technical excellence to a whole new level. You should be pumped about building a global transportation marketplace that spans a wide range of cities — varying from 100,000 to 10 million people in size — with unique regulatory, technical, and business requirements.
L3 Service Desk Support Leads at Uber are expected to think beyond their ticket queues. Techs at this level have a broader cross-organizational awareness, and your work will influence change that affects one or more adjacent orgs within the company. Here's your chance to be a part of Uber history!
What you'll be doing:
- Go-to person for solving difficult issues : Escalation point for L1 and L2's with the highest level access to key systems
- Content Approver / Writer / Trainer
- Work with teams to solve big internal and external problems by providing great communication between team and stakeholders. Keep the Service Desk team hyper aware of products, projects, and issues that may impact them. Communication skills & Customer service skills must be impeccable.
- Respond to technology support issues at a moment's notice and be on-call as needed. Constant monitoring of support queue to ensure customer satisfaction and taking the extra step go above and beyond
- Provide prompt, confidential and reliable technical support for a wide range of IT equipment and software including Google Apps, Apple, PC, printers, wifi, etc.
- Network and A/V system setup in residential and business environments
- Manage hardware and software upgrades and procurement
- Accurately manage crisis escalation and transfer calls to other support teams as appropriate
- Provide direct feedback on issues impacting the executive team to Tech Services leadership.
- Will require domestic and international travel
- The normal hours of coverage is 8am to 5pm however, support is a 24x7 service
- Any other duties as assigned
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- 4+ years of IT experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience with escalations, process efficiency, and Tier 3 support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft, MAC, Desktop/Laptops, networking, and A/V equipment
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and follow through with assignments
- Strong problem solving, organization and project management skills
- A service-oriented attitude with the utmost discretion in handling sensitive/private technical issues and other matters.
- Audio/Video knowledge
- Prior experience setting-up, installing, cabling, and maintaining executive home offices including all networking equipment (Apple, Cisco, VoIP)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Demonstrable strong Customer Service experience
- Ability to be on site and on call
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience supporting mobile devices
- Ability to communicate effectively with executive team as well as others in Tech Services
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Willing to work after hours and weekends as required (on-call)
Bonus points if you have:
- Leadership experience with technical teams of 20 or more
- Public speaking and graphic design experience
- 5+ years in a help desk role supporting Apple and Windows hardware and software
- Apple Certification(s) i.e. ACMT
- Windows Cerification(s) i.e. MCSA
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for excellence and speed in delivery? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our work will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top