Service Delivery Manager/Vendor Management - BPO Network (Colombia)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
At Uber, providing excellent support for riders and partners, our community, is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it, and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
We're looking for a skilled operations leader to collaborate with our Community Operations team. Service Delivery Managers are all about process efficiency and ensuring that our contact center business process outsource (BPO) providers meet and exceed our quality and performance expectations. This role is about developing a firm foundation for our operations and continuing to innovate on ways to scale it quickly and effortlessly. We believe that people are one of the most important assets to Uber and because of that we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
What you'll do
- You will drive operational excellence across our Contact Center BPO network and partner with Uber teams to positively impact driver and partner experience.
- Daily and weekly operations KPI review and management
- Calibrate BPO account leads on the daily, weekly and quarterly priorities, while driving the operational teams to execute
- Be an onsite presence at our BPO providers, centered on collaboration with Uber internal teams to optimize tools, processes and content resources
- Demonstrate excellent business analytics to perform root cause analysis activities
- Lead through partnership and collaboration in leveraging resources to improve training, quality and performance management
- Detailed reporting and metrics preparation
- Program and technical management
- Operations process standardization and best practice sharing in a changing environment, across multiple BPO providers
- Champion and guide deployment of new operations and/or services within the customer service support network
Who you are
- You are a leader who is passionate about Uber, passionate about solutions, and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
- You are fast, resourceful, and have a go-getter attitude. You're ready for the self-governance and ownership that comes with developing an exciting new team within Uber.
- Analytical. You understand the complex data sets that inform product or process decisions.
- Flexible. You're willing and able to help find resolutions to customer issues.
- Poised. Reliable and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to contribute and step up to new challenges.
- Process driven. You have excellent organizational skills, and constantly look to rework things to make them more efficient.
- Open and curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Excellent communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone across all levels of the company, with the BPO provider, and external to our rider and driver community.
- Big-picture, systematic execution minded. You understand the scale of both problems and opportunities and can break them down into manageable parts.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team of customers; you are dedicated to solving the difficult issues.
What you'll need
- Must have a Bachelor's degree with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication, reading comprehension, and writing skills
- Demonstrated experience taking ownership and driving results
- Excellent technical and analytical aptitude
- Self-motivation and ability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to meet deadlines in challenging situations
- Passion for Uber and moving people in all senses of the word
- 15% international and 40% domestic travel required
- MBA or graduate degree preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Salary and compensation based on experience.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top