Service Delivery Manager
At Uber, providing amazing support for riders and partners, our community, is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it, and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
We’re looking for a rock-star operations leader to join our Community Operations team. Service Delivery Managers are all about process efficiency and ensuring that our contact center business process outsource (BPO) providers meet and exceed our quality and performance expectations. This role is about building a solid foundation for our operations and continuing to innovate on ways to scale it quickly and effortlessly.
Who You Are:
- You are a Leader who is passionate about Uber, passionate about solutions, and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
- A startup entrepreneur. You’re ready for the autonomy and ownership that comes with building a new team within Uber.
- Analytical. You can make sense of complex data sets to inform product or process decisions.
- A utility player. You’re willing and able to find resolutions to customer issues
- Poised. Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to rejig things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You’re eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone across all levels of the company, with the BPO provider, and external to our rider and driver community.
- Big-picture, systematic execution. You understand the scale of both problems and opportunities and can break them down into manageable parts
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
What You’ll Do:
- You will drive operational excellence across our Contact Center BPO network and partner with Uber teams to positively impact driver and partner experience.
- Daily and weekly operations KPI review and management
- Calibrate BPO account leads on the daily, weekly and quarterly priorities, while driving the operational teams to execute
- Be an onsite presence at our BPO providers, focused on collaboration with Uber internal teams to optimize tools, processes and content resources
- Demonstrate strong business analytics to perform root cause analysis activities
- Lead through partnership and collaboration in leveraging resources to improve training, quality and performance management
- Detailed reporting and metrics preparation
- Program and technical management
- Operations process standardization and best practice sharing in a dynamic environment, across multiple BPO providers
- Champion and manage deployment of new operations and/or services within the customer service support network
Additional Experience and Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong communication, reading comprehension, and writing skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Self-driven and ability to work in a high paced and evolving environment
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to meet deadlines in stressful situations
- Obsessed with Uber and moving people in all senses of the word
- 15% international and 40% domestic travel required
- MBA or graduate degree preferred
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company;
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally;
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment;
- Employees are given Uber perks every month;
- Monthly gym reimbursement;
- Health insurance.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, equity compensation plan and annual bonus program.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top