SEO Content Writer
This is an exciting opportunity for a copywriter to craft Uber’s web experience around the world. The ideal candidate will have a track record of writing compelling content that captivates web users and captures organic search traffic. You’ll join on the ground floor as we build this critically important function within the SEO team. We’ll look to you to help write and build a cornucopia of content that is performance driven and, most importantly, valuable to our users.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Content Strategists, SEO Analysts, and UX Designers to plan and write web content for users around the world.
- Craft compelling copy and help build web pages by mastering our proprietary CMS.
- Manage content across the editorial cycle, including copywriting, measurement, and reporting.
- Understand and champion basic usability principles, including site architecture, page hierarchy, navigability, and internal linking.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan and manage worldwide content initiatives.
- Manage and/or support infrastructure, including any work with content agencies, consultants, and contractors.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2+ years of copywriting experience and outstanding writing abilities.
- Proven track record of writing a variety of content for the web, including short-form, long-form, and/or video content.
- A foundational understanding of the user-centric design process and an obsession of the customer experience.
- Basic HTML knowledge required, as this role will be required to write and revise copy directly in our CMS.
- Technical SEO knowledge is a bonus but not required (however, you should be excited to learn).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and comfort working in a large-scale team environment with stakeholders around the world.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for getting results.
- Please include a link to your writing portfolio in your application.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top