Sensor Fusion Engineer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're looking for talented engineers to help develop the next generation localization and mapping systems for Uber's fleet of self-driving vehicles. If you have experience fusing measurements from a variety of sensor types within real-time state estimation systems, we want to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Developing reliable, accurate, and scalable solutions across a wide range of operational scenarios.
What You'll Need
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience programming in C++
- Vehicle state estimation, using real-time sensor fusion techniques including Bayesian/Kalman filters (EKF / UKF)
- Vehicle dynamics modeling
- Processing raw sensor measurements, including inertial sensors
- Production-quality software development
- Efficient algorithms and data structures
- Numerical or scientific computing
- Experience with C++ programming operating on Linux, with modern tool chains and development work practices.
Bonus Points If
- GPS signal processing experience
- Techniques for nonlinear optimization
- Python development experience
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
We are a group of diverse researchers, engineers, and computer scientists working to develop accurate localization and mapping systems for self-driving vehicles. Reliability and scalability are key drivers for us as our software must perform across a large fleet of vehicles in large and diverse operating areas.
Back to top