Sensor Fusion Engineer
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world. We are working to make the process of moving people and goods safer and more efficient.
We're looking for talented engineers to help develop the next generation localization and mapping systems for Uber's self-driving vehicles. We are a group of diverse researchers, engineers, and computer scientists who are motivated by the challenges of developing reliable, accurate, and scalable solutions across a wide range of operational scenarios. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience fusing measurements from a variety of sensor types within real-time state estimation systems.
What You'll Need
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience programming in C++
- Vehicle state estimation, using real-time sensor fusion techniques including Bayesian/Kalman filters (EKF / UKF)
- Vehicle dynamics modeling
- Processing raw sensor measurements, including inertial sensors
- Production-quality software development
- Efficient algorithms and data structures
- Numerical or scientific computing
- All candidates are expected to be strong C++ programmers experienced in operating on Linux, with modern tool chains and development work practices.
Nice To Have
- GPS signal processing experience
- Techniques for nonlinear optimization
- Python development experience
- 3 years of industry experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top