Senior UX Researcher
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products
- Conduct qualitative studies, including field observation and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies
- Design quantitative studies, including experiments and surveys
- Demonstrate an ability to triangulate different types of data points to answer strategic questions conclusively
- Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Adapt and innovate on research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions
- Develop effective remote working relationship with stakeholders around the globe
- Champion an international perspective in product development. Build enthusiasm in stakeholders around improving current experiences and build new experiences for emerging markets
- Learn about Uber customers in cities around the world
- A minimum of five years of user research experience in industry or academia
- Mastery of methods, with an emphasis on qualitative or quantitative research
- A design background is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Gym reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top