Senior User Experience Researcher, Self-Driving
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Advanced Technology Group is the R&D hub of Uber's engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
Uber ATG is seeking an experienced mixed-methods senior researcher to help us develop innovative new products and services related to self-driving cars and trucks. This is a full-time position based in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products, using both qualitative studies (field observations, interviews, & remote and in-person usability studies) and quantitative studies (experiments and surveys).
- Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions.
- Connect user insights to A/B experiment (live experiment) with measureable and actionable hypotheses.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant user research experience in product environment.
- Demonstrable ability to independently plan and conduct mid-to-large scale research projects, in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles (we work in teams).
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weakness of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Scrappy, self-starter able to deliver results quickly with minimal oversight
- Research experience across both HW and SW
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and principles of survey and experiment design, including sampling, data collection and analysis.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Willingness to travel 25% time.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top