Senior UI Engineer - Workflow Service (Seattle)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is looking for Senior Software Engineers for our distributed workflow service team to build innovative user experience that will help engineers to understand a state of millions of workflows that are executed by Uber systems. You will be solving very interesting challenges that come with this kind of scale. Our mission is to create a frictionless development experience that frees developers to focus on Making Magic for our customers by eliminating complexity of writing transactional business logic. If you want to feel and see that your contributions matter, if you love working in dynamic, agile, continually improving environment, if you are up to a challenge of building services that will take Uber to the next level, come talk to us.
Qualities we're looking for:
- You can focus on customers and deliver features that excite them and improve their productivity
- You can identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new user experience.
- You love to excite users with new UI features that make their experience pure magic.
- You easily break down requirements into architecture and deliver code, while keeping operational issues in mind
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done
Skills we're looking for:
- Expert level in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Python, Java, Go, C#
- Experience working with React framework
- Experience with high performance and scalable software in distributed systems
- Ability to identify testing gaps and improve tests, test strategies, and code coverage
- Prior experience working in Linux environments
- Some knowledge of full stack infrastructure from front-end to back-end would be ideal
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top