Senior Trust and Safety Marketing Manager
The Uber Trust & Safety function is responsible for further developing, creating and constantly innovating on processes and products to ensure Uber continues to be a safe transportation option for riders and drivers. In addition, the team is responsible for ensuring that the public sentiment of safety is commensurate with how safe the Uber platform truly is. To help us craft this narrative, champion initiatives and execute on winning strategies, we’re looking for a standout person who is ready to lead as an embedded Global Product Marketing Manager for the Trust and Safety organization
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own audience insights — Lead deep dives into understanding audience insights and industry perspectives for trust and safety, and build strategic marketing plans based on those actionable insights.
- Craft the brand strategy — Build a powerful consumer marketing narrative that encompasses existing and future programs, products and processes, and can be used across various cities and audiences. You’ll also test and optimize that marketing brand for maximum impact, and often weave together disparate threads, news and ideas into one story.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel — Serve as the main guardian of the Trust & Safety narrative, applying and maintaining consistency with global material and content. Evolve the Trust & Safety voice over time to keep pace with innovation.
- Manage marketing content — Oversee the creation of Safety materials that are strategic to the company, including new research and consumer-facing content that supports the brand strategy. Serve as an editor of related Marketing content that leverages the Safety story.
- Evangelize new ideas — Work with PR and Policy teams to champion Trust and Safety Marketing initiatives and partnerships. Lead effective conversations with cross-functional alignment to build support and execute with company consistency.
- Lead Safety launches with go to market prowess — Build, optimize, and scale marketing strategies for program, process and product launches. Work closely with Growth, Regional and Product Marketing teams to ensure seamless and impactful execution that meet their goals.
- Make a difference — As this is an embedded role within the Trust and Safety organization, you will relish in the ability to live, breathe — and build — an empathetic, powerful and innovative social impact narrative. You will harness that passion to evangelize cross-functional counterparts.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 6+ years of experience in consumer product or brand marketing, ideally with experience leading Safety, Crisis Response or Social Impact marketing.
- Successful history of quickly, yet strategically, making an impact on large-scale societal issues through tailored approaches.
- Strong leadership skills and a desire to work hard and lead from the front.
- Track record of creating successful and large-scale brand marketing campaigns.
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills.
- Proven track-record of turning data and insights into customer-facing marketing campaigns.
- Passion for working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative and complex environment.
- An awesome and optimistic attitude. We work hard, and have a blast doing it.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top