Senior Trust and Safety Marketing Manager
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Uber Trust & Safety organization is responsible for further developing, creating and constantly innovating on processes and products to ensure Uber continues to be a safe transportation option for riders and drivers. In addition, the team is responsible for ensuring that the public sentiment of safety is commensurate with how safe the Uber platform truly is. To help us craft this narrative, champion initiatives and execute on winning strategies, we’re looking for a standout person who is ready to lead as an embedded Global Senior Marketing Manager.
What you’ll do
- Own audience insights – Lead deep dives into understanding audience insights and industry perspectives for trust and safety, and create strategic connection points based on those actionable inspirations and interpretations.
- Guide the overall trust and safety brand marketing strategy – Create an inspiring consumer marketing narrative that encompasses existing and future programs, products and processes, and can be used across various cities and audiences. You’ll also test and optimize that marketing brand for maximum impact, and often weave together disparate threads, news and ideas into specific, high-impact campaigns.
- Manage a consistent look and feel – Serve as the main guardian of the Trust & Safety narrative, applying and maintaining global consistency with material and content. See around the corner to evolve the trust and safety voice over time to keep pace with innovation.
- Drive marketing content – Oversee the creation of safety materials that are strategic to the company, including new research and consumer-facing content that supports the trust and safety brand strategy. Serve as an editor of related marketing content that leverages the safety story.
- Design and execute new marketing campaigns – Work with PR and Policy teams to champion trust and safety marketing initiatives and partnerships. Lead and influence to ensure great ideas turn into tangible impact.
- Oversee safety launches with go to market prowess – Build, optimize, and scale marketing strategies for program and product launches. Work closely with global marketing executives (including Growth, Regional and Product Marketing teams around the globe) to ensure seamless and impactful execution that meet joint goals.
- Make a difference – Passion for creating empathetic, inspiring and innovative marketing for social impact causes.
What you’ll need
- At least 10 years of experience in consumer product or brand marketing, ideally with experience in safety, trust, security, crisis response or social impact marketing.
- A demonstrated history of quickly, yet strategically, making an impact on large-scale societal issues through tailored approaches.
- Excellent leadership skills and a desire to work hard and lead from the front.
- Demonstrated experience creating successful and large-scale brand marketing campaigns.
- A demonstrated ability of turning consumer insights into customer-centric marketing campaigns.
- A passion for working cross-functionally in a highly collaborative and complex environment.
- An awesome and optimistic attitude. We work hard, and have a blast doing it.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top