Senior Test Development Engineer
At ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. Our teams are passionate about developing long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Our work doesn't end with transporting people. We are also developing self-driving truck technology to move goods more safely and cost effectively around the world.
What you'll do
- Design, develop code, and/or enhance test programs, scripts, and procedures based on system requirements
- Work with contract manufacturers to ramp production from prototype to mass production while maintaining full test coverage to ensure the quality of the product produced while maintain process control analytics
- Read PCB schematics and debug or quickly modify electrical test systems
- Work cross functionally to define test requirements and specifications
- Support manufacturing by creating systems to improve assembly test performance and yield tracking
- Drive improvements in manufacturing test yield using statistical methods
- Develop experiments to root-cause challenging electrical and functional problems
- Ability to document test procedures and train manufacturing operators to run test plan
What you'll need
- BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 7 years in a test engineering environment
- Experience building test processes from the ground up
- Experience using and automating NI Modular Instruments and other lab equipment.
- Strong experience in a scripting language such as, C++, C, Labview, Python or MATLAB, to automate instruments and analyze data.
- Familiarity with circuit design and testing such that the engineer is able to craft a test-plan from a datasheet or specifications document.
- Experience of understanding and working at the boundary of vendor requirements to search for incorrect implementations.
- Experience with automation, tooling and test fixture development
- Experience working with CMs and OEMs
- Effective communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Willingness to travel 25%
Bonus points if
- Familiarity with PCB design
- Experience with Camera, IMU, Radar, DC to DC, and Processor testing
- Previous work with robotics and/or autonomous vehicles a plus
- Fluency with Linux operating system
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top