Senior Test Development Engineer
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Test Development Engineer to develop test system architecture and overall test plans across multiple modules. This is a phenomenal opportunity to build, develop, and mentor a team of exceptional test engineers and manufacturing personnel looking to build the future.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop code, and/or enhance test programs, scripts, and procedures based on system requirements
- Work with contract manufacturers to ramp production from prototype to mass production while maintaining full test coverage to ensure the quality of the product produced while maintain process control analytics
- Read PCB schematics and debug or quickly modify electrical test systems
- Work cross functionally to define test requirements and specifications
- Support manufacturing by creating systems to improve assembly test performance and yield tracking
- Drive improvements in manufacturing test yield using statistical methods
- Develop experiments to root-cause challenging electrical and functional problems
- Ability to document test procedures and train manufacturing operators to run test plan
What You'll Need
- BS/MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 7 years in a test engineering environment
- Experience building test processes from the ground up
- Experience using and automating NI Modular Instruments and other lab equipment.
- Strong experience in a scripting language such as, C++, C, Labview, Python or MATLAB, to automate instruments and analyze data.
- Familiarity with circuit design and testing such that the engineer is able to craft a test-plan from a data sheet or specifications document.
- Experience of understanding and working at the boundary of vendor requirements to search for incorrect implementations.
- Experience with automation, tooling and test fixture development
- Experience working with CMs and OEMs
- Effective communication skills and collaborative spirit
- Willingness to travel 25%
Bonus Points If
- Familiarity with PCB design
- Experience with Camera, IMU, Radar, DC to DC, and Processor testing
- Previous work with robotics and/or autonomous vehicles a plus
- Fluency with Linux operating system
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
The Global Product Operations group enables Uber's world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.
Back to top