Senior Technical Writer (Seattle)
Uber Engineering has amassed a veritable treasure trove of technical documentation. The Technical Writing team aims to make Uber Engineering's documentation a cornerstone of development through rich content that is easily discoverable.
The Technical Writing team is in Engineering and increases developer efficiency and productivity. We are looking for a senior-level Technical Writer with the right balance of writing, technical, and leadership skills. You can contribute to the infrastructure and development that has powered billions of trips around the world.
- Work closely with engineers to produce technical documentation that other engineers trust.
- Improve existing onboarding and education processes with documentation, helping engineers contribute quicker.
- Properly organize documentation, from the layout of content on a page to finding its proper place in the entire documentation taxonomy, with search optimization in mind.
- Define standards and style guidelines that help other writers, as well as engineers. You will be a steward of quality and efficiency.
- Write high quality technical documentation for complex subjects in the most economical manner possible.
- Demonstrated ability to write prolifically.
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical concepts quickly.
- Demonstrated ability of leadership and coaching.
- Experience writing for software.
- Experience using Git.
- Experience creating API documentation or code examples.
- Experience writing for Go or Java is a bonus.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top