Senior Tax Analyst, Provision
Uber is looking to add a Senior Tax Analyst to our rapidly growing team! This role will report to our Senior Manager of Global Tax Reporting and support our domestic and international tax functions. This is an amazing opportunity to join a newly established tax team and make an immediate impact. If you welcome a high-growth, fast-paced international environment, this may be the opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual worldwide consolidated tax provision
- Prepare schedules in support of federal and state taxable income and return to provision true-ups
- Assist in special projects as assigned, including, but not limited to participation in the further automation of tax planning, compliance, and provision processes, analysis of income tax consequences of non-standard transactions, and special projects such as ASC718 stock based compensation, R&D Credit and Sec. 382 studies.
- Coordinate and assist local tax teams with foreign tax provision.
- Perform internal controls throughout area of responsibility for Operational Compliance
- Track tax attributes and prepare reconciliations of income tax payable and receivable accounts
- Research tax issues and prepare tax memoranda as needed
- Support financial modeling in strategic and operational tax planning
- Prepare insightful analytics summary for management review
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar fields
- CPA and/or Master’s in Taxation preferred.
- Strong tax operations knowledge and familiarity of tax issues for a multinational technology company operating globally.
- Have excellent analytical skills, ensure results are accurate and able to communicate findings in a precise and simple manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function
- Results driven with high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, research and tax provision program (e.g., OneSource, Corptax, RIA, CCH, BNA).
Employees are given Uber credits each month.
The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally. Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
401(k) plan, gym reimbursement
Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top