Senior Survey Science Research Lead
The Market and Consumer Research team shapes the marketing and business direction of Uber by providing data-driven answers to the company’s most important strategic questions. Composed of researchers, data scientists, and engineers, our team makes an impact across the company by uncovering rich, deep insights that inform the marketing and creative process using brand, position, message, and segmentation research tools.
Our team is customer obsessed, action-oriented and sparks creativity. We produce the highest-quality insights while pioneering innovative research techniques.
As the Senior Survey Science Research Lead, it will be your responsibility to establish a scaleable online, in-app, and phone survey management system that:
- Ensures flawless accuracy at each step of the process.
- Enables efficient survey sampling, survey fielding, data collection, and analysis of results.
- Establishes data storage schemas that simplify longitudinal analysis across many different surveys.
- Collects survey metadata that enables us to answer high level questions about the efficiency and cost of our survey program.
While the survey system gets established, your day-to-day will require you to manually fill multiple roles. You will be part-project manager who ensures each step of the survey process is completed in a timely manner. Most importantly – you will be part-product manager who sets and manages execution of the roadmap for how the system should operate, based off both the context you develop from the manual process and your knowledge of similar systems. You will be expected to establish development milestones for how we accomplish our goals in a way that delivers incremental value at each step, and to work with engineers, analysts/data scientists, data visualizers, and marketers to ensure the system fulfills their diverse needs.
If you’re looking for a role with significant autonomy and an opportunity to get in on the ground floor, the Senior Survey Science Manager is the role for you.
- Bachelor degree in survey methodology, market research, statistics, economics or a related field.
- 5 – 7 years of work experience in market research, marketing, or applied quantitative methods.
- Experience with survey management systems (ex: Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, etc.).
- Experience developing in-house survey tools and databases.
- Proficiency using SQL and building SQL tables.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and meet tight deadlines.
- Is detail-oriented and can work on multiple projects at a time with limited supervision.
- Graduate degree in survey methodology, market research, statistics, economics or a related field.
- Experience working at or with brand, polling, and marketing research companies.
- Product management experience.
- Experience with Python.
- Read and write fluent Spanish.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top