Senior Strategy & Planning Associate - Global CommOps
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Based in San Francisco, the Senior Strategy & Planning Associate - Global CommOps will deliver high priority projects across the Community Operations organization, which is responsible for providing customer support to the rider and driver-partner community. As a member of the Community Operations Team, you will drive the analysis behind company-wide decisions related to our community's support experience. For this role you should have excellent analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information for stakeholders at all levels of the business.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Drive analysis on globe-spanning projects and important strategic decisions improving the experience for our partner drivers and riders
- Coordinate with other members of the Community Operations Team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible
- Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
What You'll Need
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- Minimum 4 years of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- SQL experience
Bonus Points if
- High-growth analytics or operations experience
About the Team
The Strategy & Planning team works with teams around the world to provide critical business insights to help identify opportunities and implement operational improvements.
Back to top