Senior Strategy & Planning Associate
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role The Senior Strategy & Planning Associate, within the NA CommOps S&P team, will report to the Strategy & Planning Manager and help to deliver high priority strategic projects across the Community Operations organization. You will help support decision making in the region through your analytics, strategic mindset, and data driven approach. For this role you should have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly articulate and present information for stakeholders at all levels of the business.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Develop strategic insights that will support sustained growth in our business
- Participate in project definition and idea generation
- Synthesize research and prepare material to guide discussions among senior leaders
- Assess competitive trends inside and outside the ride sharing space
- Work closely with other members of the Uber team to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our organization as efficient as possible as we scale to meeting growing demand
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/Economics, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or similar fields
- Minimum 2 years of experience in investment banking, consulting or corporate strategy
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
Bonus Points if
- SQL proficiency preferred; ability and willingness to develop proficiency is a must.
About the Team
North America Community Operations (NA CommOps) is part of the Global Community Operations organization which provides premier customer support to riders and driver partners. Managing customer service for our region involves global coordination of service resources in North America and beyond. Additionally, the NA CommOps Strategy & Planning team shares our learnings and initiatives with EMEA, APAC, and LATAM regions to strengthen Uber's customer service across the world. The Strategy & Planning (S&P) team is a core part of the NA CommOps organization. The S&P team consists of four functions: Strategy, Strategic Project Implementation, Analytics & Insights, and Planning and Forecasting.
Back to top