Senior Strategist, Marketing
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is looking for a highly skilled, inquisitive and inventive mind to join the Marketing team as a Strategist. You would have the excellent opportunity to set and execute the strategic marketing vision for the company that's completely transforming the way that people get around their city.
This function sits at the intersection of creative, insights/data, and marketing, and is essential to driving the business forward. Strategists own the entire strategic workflow across the Marketing team to generate the most innovative, and insights-driven creative and marketing output, with the goal of driving growth across segments and services.
If you pride yourself on being an open-minded and creative problem solver, and thrive in a productive environment, then we'd love to speak with you.
What you'll do
- Develop core messaging frameworks and positioning for Uber marketing efforts.
- Leverage market intelligence and consumer insights to craft audience, creative, and campaign strategies.
- Lead the effort across integrated marketing campaigns. Act as main POC for all creative agencies and internal creative partners.
- Collaborate with PM/PMM teams on developing innovative GTM strategy for product launches / new feature roll out.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional leadership (including Product, Research, Communications/Policy, Design, Brand and more) to deliver world-class marketing communications that drive brand health, customer acquisition, and loyalty.
- Act as a primary contributor to the marketing learning agenda.
- Act as global hub for all international strategy teams, developing practices that can be leveraged across the globe.
Who you are
- You are fast, resourceful, and have a go-getter attitude. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance.
- Open and curious. You're innovative, deeply creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots.
- Knowledgeable and rigorous. You believe the best answer is finding the right answer, insight or audience. You are able to move quickly and have a strategic perspective that others rely on. You know moving fast is not a reason to lower the quality bar.
- Self-driven. You have excellent organizational skills; integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize well. Excellent program management skills and demonstrated experience of managing multiple projects in a productive environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Exciting. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, bold, and excited to help create something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team; you are dedicated to solving the difficult issues
- Flexible. You're willing to help out wherever needed. Partnering with managers and various teams to resolve problems.
- Motivated by bold action. You drive results in a big way and can get things done in a highly matrixed and relationship-based organization.
What you'll need
- At least 10 years experience in building and managing brand products and promotions with deep expertise in strategy, acquisition, marketing, research/insights, implementation, and analytics; advertising agency, tech or consulting firm experience desired. Two of three preferred.
- Experience in guiding innovative initiatives that meet and exceed business and financial goals; critical thinking, excellent analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- A focus on the big picture and unifying team members and brand marketing initiatives around core brand targets and strategic goals.
- Demonstrated history as a strategist with engaging skills in verbal, written, and visual communications.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top