Senior S&P Associate - UberEats APAC
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn large amounts of raw data into meaningful business information? Then let’s talk.
As an early member of UberEAT APAC’s Strategy & Planning team, you will help with the strategic business planning process and spearhead transformational projects across different regions and products in Asia Pacific. You will develop competitive strategies, create financial models, plan market scenarios, and explore complex business issues. The ideal candidate for this role should have exceptional analytical skills, proficiency in communicating recommendations to business leaders, and show a marked taste for balancing strategic thinking with operational execution.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with different city, regional, and global teams to identify high priority business needs and build action plans against them
- Develop and manage tools and processes to execute against strategic and business plans
- Establish and communicate scorecard metrics to monitor the strategic plan and communicate critical reports
- Drive operational excellence in UberEATS APAC through process improvements and better alignment between cities
- Actively support all strategic planning and analytical activity for senior management of UberEATS Asia
- Write queries and perform ad hoc technical analyses to keep our operations engine running at full speed
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Relevant experience – 6+ years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting, corporate strategic planning, or related fields – high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus.
- Exceptional Excel / Data Management skills – many say they are great at Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn) – SQL experience is a big plus.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – We need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Critical thinking skills – We are looking for not just a quant jock, but a strategic thought partner to our senior team that can balance a well formed perspective with humility.
- Superior organisational skills – Time management and great follow through on tasks is important, yet you should also have a comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and improvisation.
- Self-starter attitude – The ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Employees are given free Uber trips every month
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top