Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (Driver)
The Driver Growth team at Uber is one of the fastest growing, most critical teams focused on growing the number of partners in Uber’s two-sided marketplace. Our goal is to help our driver-partners across the world join the Uber platform efficiently and at scale, and create tools and products that help them maximize their earnings and ultimately drive long-term growth and loyalty.
Our team builds the engine that powers hundreds of thousands signups every month, works on creative product solutions to drive engagement and delight, leverages social elements to cultivate a strong partner network and above all, make driving with Uber a fun and fulfilling experience.
We’re seeking strong Android and iOS developers looking to use their knowledge of mobile development and keen to start shaping user experiences more directly. If you’re excited about mobile development, committed to thoughtful design, and like tackling problems of unprecedented scale on a small, fast-moving team, you’ll fit right in here.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- A passion for delightful mobile user experiences
- Rock-solid programming fundamentals
- A track record of successfully shipped software
- Deep familiarity with debugging, performance measurement, and test-driven development
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Apps you’ve shipped on the store that you’re proud to share
- In-depth knowledge of iOS or Android SDKs
- A github account with cool projects to peruse
- Experience with growth projects and environments
- A working knowledge of common design tools
- Backend or web development experience
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top