Senior Software Engineer - Language Frameworks & Tools (Seattle)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
Uber is looking for Senior Software Engineers for the Language Frameworks & Tools team to build an awesome platform for Uber's internal developers writing on top of the high-performance Go & Java languages. In every area of the company, engineers are building infrastructure, services, and scalable distributed systems in Go & Java.
You will help create frameworks and libraries for our Serverless platform as well as drive creation of tools to automate and simplify various aspects of engineering work that will be used by thousands of internal developers - from commit-time validation to life log streaming from production. Your role will be vital to sustaining Uber's rapid growth while building best-in-breed libraries and tooling for our engineers. We're a part of the Infrastructure group, and that makes us "the engineers for the engineers". Our mission is to create a frictionless development experience that frees Uber Builders to focus on Making Magic for our customers.
Through your work, you will contribute to Uber's open source ecosystem and get to share your code with the world.
Qualities we're looking for:
- You enjoy building tools and environments that empower engineers to do great work with minimal effort.
- You identify emerging patterns and get ahead of the need for new tools, resources, and automation.
- You're excited by the idea of building highly concurrent, scalable code with clean abstractions that make scaling complex systems simple and fun.
- You're a quality czar. You like to go fast, but you also recognize the importance of testing and quality code.
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done.
- Expert level in at least one of these (bonus for more than one): Go, Python, Java, C#, C++
- Experience delivering libraries, APIs, platforms, tools, etc. to other developers.
- Experience improving code quality through some combination of unit tests, load/performance tests, integration tests, continuous deployment, UI tests and monitoring
- Experience with development and maintenance features for polyglot software systems
- Experience with high-performance, scalable software in distributed systems
- Ability to identify testing gaps and improve tests, test strategies, and code coverage
- Prior experience working in Linux environments
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top