Senior Software Engineer - iOS (Uber for Business)
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
The Uber for Business team builds products, services, and experiences that target new audiences and high value scenarios. As an iOS Engineer, you’ll have a direct impact on the customer experience for both riders and drivers.
You will build products, services, and experiences that target new audiences and high value scenarios. We have a very wide breadth of work from new product offerings like UberEVENTS to enterprise features like ride policies to consumer facing features like Business Profiles to internal engineering platforms that enable other teams to build products like Uber Family.
Sounds awesome? Drop us a line and help power the future of transportation!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
- Have deep domain knowledge and experience with relevant tools, languages and frameworks (Objective-C, Swift, etc)
- Strong understanding of mobile architecture and large scale distributed systems
- You have experience working as a native mobile engineer on a publically-released application
- Skills at debugging and performance tuning native mobile apps
Bonus points if you have:
- A good working relationship with Jenkins
- Strong fact-based opinions about mobile architecture
- Cool side projects or apps
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top