Senior Software Engineer - IOS (Rider Experience - Seattle)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber is hard at work completely transforming the way people move throughout the world. We provide innovative solutions for global markets, each with a unique supply/demand dynamic. The Rider Experience team brings our logistics platform to new audiences by incubating products and services.
What you'll do
As a mobile engineer on the Rider team you will design and implement core user facing features in the Uber rider and partner applications. You should have a passion for delightful mobile user experiences and a drive to push the boundaries of what can been done in this regard. You will also participate and guide all phases of the product lifecycle including: ideation, specification, implementation, data collection/internalization, and iteration.
- Magic pick-ups - walk straight from your flight to the easy-to-find pickup area and have a car waiting for you
- Our team creates models to predict incoming riders to ensure there is enough supply, dispatched at exactly the right times
- First invitations through parental controls
- Make it easier for all members of your family and all types of families to use Uber.
- Safety features: such as remote trip tracking, more capable driver IDs, and ML-based predictive matching
- Detect potholes, dangerous intersections, and traffic hot spots
- Help cities design safer roads
- Work with cities to make transportation as effective as running water for everyone.
- Ensuring Uber is available everywhere, in communities big and small.
- Providing Uber riders with the reassurance that they can count on Uber no matter when or where they're going globally
What you'll need
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field
- Meaningful history of shipping high-quality product features
- Excellent expertise in Objective-C/Swift and Cocoa Touch Frameworks
- Experience with dependency Injection
- Experience with RESTful Architecture/Networking
- Mobile Analytics/Reporting experience
- History of mobile Experiments
- Understanding of UI: Autolayout/Core Animation
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top