Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack (Uber Events)
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for engineers with a strong product and technical vision that are excited about being part of one of the fastest growing technology companies in history. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory, be pumped on building new systems at massive scale and love the idea of creating software that is truly changing the world.
As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer on the Uber Events team, you will be building a brand new suite of products that will forever change the way people experience events such as weddings, concerts, vacations, company parties, conferences and more. We are a nimble team with a huge vision and an exciting roadmap. Bring your bold ideas, hustle and customer obsession and find the ultimate developer’s playground to build amazing products used by millions worldwide.
Our team works with cutting edge and industry standard technologies including ES6, React/Redux, Node.js, Python and Go. Uber has world-class developer tooling and infrastructure that enables world-class engineers to deliver game-changing products. Our team is comprised of the best and brightest, expect to be challenged and grow faster in your career then you ever thought possible.
Sounds awesome? Drop us a line and help power the future of event transportation!
Here are the kinds of skills and experience we’re seeking:
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of riders, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credit every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is experiencing unprecedented growth and the we need great people who are ready to take the company and their career to the next level. There’s no better time to apply to Uber then right now.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top