Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack - Money, FinTech
Uber Business Infrastructure Money and FinTech Engineering has a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We’re looking for senior engineers (6+ years experience) with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike. As a full stack engineer, you’ll scratch build breakthrough and truly innovative money platforms, applications and systems that touch every aspect of our business and the bottom line. Scale is massive and global.
We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation and logistics industry across the world. Not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around their cities.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Engineering excellence. You have at least 6 years of industry experience in a variety of contexts, during which you’ve built insanely scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: front-end, back-end, databases, cache layer, HTTP protocol, TCP/IP, Linux, CPU architecture, etc.
- Some Backend engineering experience (Python, Java, C/C++, GOlang, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Node, memcache)
- iOS and/or Android development experience.
- Large scale, real-time systems experience a plus.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of riders, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top