Senior Software Engineer - Frontend (Uber for Business)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by boldness and achievement. We're looking for team players with natural product intuition who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in new territory and excited to build systems that can support cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
The Uber for Business team builds products, services, and experiences that target new audiences and high value scenarios. As a Backend Engineer, you'll have a measureable impact on the customer experience for both riders and drivers. You will build products, services, and experiences that target new audiences and high value scenarios. We have a very wide breadth of work from new product offerings like UberEVENTS to enterprise features like ride policies to consumer facing features like Business Profiles to internal engineering platforms that enable other teams to build products like Uber Family.
What you'll do
Sounds awesome? Come join us and help fuel the future of transportation!
What you'll need
- Experience in building responsive web interfaces that present data in compelling ways
- Familiarity or interest in backend technologies including Python and Go.
- Self-starter attitude, you enjoy collaboration and help contribute to the success of others.
- Passion for making people's lives better.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top