Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Driver)
The Driver Growth team at Uber is one of the fastest growing, most critical teams focused on growing the number of partners in Uber’s two-sided marketplace. Our goal is to help our driver-partners across the world join the Uber platform efficiently and at scale, and create tools and products that help them maximize their earnings and ultimately drive long-term growth and loyalty.
Our team builds the engine that powers hundreds of thousands signups every month, works on creative product solutions to drive engagement and delight, leverages social elements to cultivate a strong partner network and above all, make driving with Uber a fun and fulfilling experience.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Web Technologies. You’ve built side projects or professionally utilize the latest stacks and libraries such as Node.js, React, Angular, Rails, LESS, SASS, CoffeeScript, etc. You are excited by the amazing pace that the web continues to evolve. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You’ve shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You’re willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- Make teams better. You can easily lead a team to the finish line or go deep on a huge challenge. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to solve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top