Senior Software Engineer - Front End (Product Platform)
A Senior/Lead UI Engineer is sought to make a huge impact on Uber’s overall bottom line: This is a rare opportunity to build a “greenfield” product to be used by all internal teams running all the various aspects of our 70+ country, 400+ city business!
The Core Services Platform team builds operational products that make Uber tick. Our global operations teams grow Uber’s business in every city around the world. It is essential that our tools enable them to do their jobs as quickly and intelligently as possible. We’re currently building several next generation state-of-the-art operational products. It’s an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact on Uber at the ground level, both in terms of software and product design. We are the fastest-growing tech company in history – just ask us for the backstory.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Respected mentor. You not only do your own job well, but also take the extra steps to elevate others. You provide mentorship so that others around you can also learn and grow.
- Product sense. You create more than beautiful code. Engineers at Uber play a crucial role in determining what we build and how we build it.
- Versatility. You understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Design chops. You care about your consumers. You optimize for intuitive and responsive layouts, maximizing for utility and efficiency so they can continue to grow Uber faster than any other company.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct, monitored, documented, and tested.
- Team player. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial. Uber sustains a consistent initiative to keep engineering teams and the company at large feeling like a startup through its hyper-growth with all the building advantages of low “red tape”: Uber empowers decisions and encourages small, nimble teams. Rapid career growth and technology exploration is a given.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month! (Along with reduced pricing overall.)
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated through your day with full kitchens, catered lunches and dinners, ice cream in the freezers, and surprising things on tap such as iced coffee and kombucha.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs. (Anthem options and Kaiser in California.)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits accounts (parking/transit).
- Paternity and maternity Leave; 1 week paid jury duty.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it. Nine paid company holidays.
We’re making transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. . We need your brains and passion to make that vision a reality!
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top