Senior Software Engineer - Front End (Product Platform)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
A Senior/Lead UI Engineer is sought to make a huge impact on Uber’s overall bottom line: This is a rare opportunity to build a “greenfield” product to be used by all internal teams running all the various aspects of our 70+ country, 400+ city business!
What you’ll do
The Core Services Platform team builds operational products that make Uber tick. Our global operations teams grow Uber’s business in every city around the world. It is essential that our tools enable them to do their jobs as quickly and intelligently as possible. We’re currently building several next generation state-of-the-art operational products. It’s an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact on Uber at the ground level, both in terms of software and product design. We are the fastest-growing tech company in history – just ask us for the backstory.
What you’ll need
- Reputation a respected mentor. You not only do your own job well, but also take the extra steps to elevate others. You provide mentorship so that others around you can also learn and grow.
- Product sense. You create more than beautiful code. Engineers at Uber play a crucial role in choosing what we build and how we build it.
- Versatility. You understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Design skills. You care about your consumers. You optimize for intuitive and responsive layouts, maximizing for utility and efficiency so they can continue to grow Uber faster than any other company.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you’d never call code “released” until you’re sure it’s correct, monitored, documented, and tested.
- Team player mindset. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Entrepreneurial attitude. Uber sustains a consistent initiative to keep engineering teams and the company at large feeling like a startup through its high-growth with all the building advantages of low “red tape”: Uber empowers decisions and encourages small, nimble teams. Rapid career growth and technology exploration is a given.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top