Senior Software Engineer - Finance Engineering, Hyderabad
Are you a talented software engineer who want to be part of one of the fastest growing and coolest startup companies on the planet? Are you passionate about massive scalability and conquering international markets? Do you want to make meaningful contributions to its success? If you answered yes to these questions, then this job may be for you!
We’re looking people who are excellent at fundamentals, have great willingness to learn, and have unstoppable desire to get the job done.
Our technology stack is primarily Python/GO and while experience with these languages is great, it’s not a necessity. World class engineering is the focus at Uber, not the tools/languages that you already know.
Finance Engineering team models Uber’s financials using mathematical, statistical, and computational algorithms. The goal of our team is not only to spur revenue & other financial metrics to financial users, but also to provide a deep insight across Uber for their day-to-day financial activities and decision makings. Our critical areas include: Revenue Computations, Rider and Partner Payments, Profit Modeling and Fraud. The technical challenges come with the volumes we deal with and real-time solutions we provide.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced software engineer with 7+ years of relevant experience
Fast, independent learning:
The one constant at Uber is growth, and all of our systems are constantly evolving to meet the needs of our high growth environment. Engineers are expected to learning quickly and continue to improve their craft to ensure that our systems can meet the needs of our business.
Our growth requires embracing change with confidence and fearlessness. We expect our engineers to be proactive about addressing both operational and scalability challenges as we grow.
The services we build are highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant. Our engineers know the trade offs involved in building high scale architectures. We are committed to making timely decisions to ensure that our systems can continue to match our rider and partner growth.
Engineers at Uber know what it means to truly own their services. Quality, performance, and robustness are expected of all services. Engineers take ownership of the uptime of their services, and they are empowered with the tools to do what is required to keep them running. Great monitoring, alerting, and test coverage are championed at Uber and we provide engineers with the tools to do so.
Cross Team Communication:
We work closely with business groups like Revenue, Accounting and other engineering teams like real time, market place, growth etc. We communicate to address new challenges, work through requirements, and improve our operational efficiency. We also work closely with our Fraud team to identify bad actors in our financial systems and neutralize any threats. Supporting these other groups is a key part of scaling our business.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
HERE ARE THE SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years of strong individual contributor experience as a software engineer
- Prior experience as a tech lead who has mentored/led small teams in building product features at scale
- Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad. Uber has a huge stack, and we’re all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, machine learning, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
- Advanced knowledge of some and a willingness to learn the rest: Python, node.js, Java etc.
- Intelligent. Highly adaptable. Rapid learners.
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to build products that are accessible to users with disabilities, a plus.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Gym reimbursement
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top