Senior Software Engineer - Developer Tools (Vilnius)
Sr. Software Engineer – Developer Tools (Vilnius)
About the Role
Uber is looking for Senior Software Engineers to join the Developer Tools team. You will be responsible for the high level design to implementation and troubleshooting syscalls in some of the following areas: repository infrastructure, developer workflow, artifact management, code search and related developer tools. You will help delight our engineering teams, and enable the whole engineering organization to iterate rapidly.
What You'll Do
- Partner with fellow engineers to innovate, architect, develop and scale Uber's development tools and platform solutions.
- Provide initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Uber's engineering processes.
- Deliver and review technical design, code and documentation.
- Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements through design and automation: availability, performance, scaling, monitoring and capacity.
- Manage upstream and downstream dependencies, collaborate with other engineering teams, gather requirements, evolve solutions and enable successful adoption.
- Mentor and support your fellow teammates.
What You'll Need
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing/operating high performance and large scale distributed systems in production. Sound understanding of fundamentals and principles of distributed systems.
- Expert level in one of the following programming languages: Go, Java, C/C++, Python, C#
- Experience with development frameworks & tools in a large technology organization.
- Prior experience working in a Linux environment and understanding of networking basics.
- Some knowledge of full stack development from front-end to back-end.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across offices.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
Bonus Points If
- You are not afraid to challenge existing preconceptions with a goal of making developer experience a pure magic.
- You love making complicated things – very simple.
- You easily break down requirements into architecture and deliver code, while keeping operational issues in mind
- You care about writing clear documentation so that other engineers can jump in and get stuff done
- You can work across teams in our rapidly growing company and drive standardization.
About the Team
Developer Experience is pushing the boundary of what's possible to make engineers forget about infrastructure and focus on creating incredible solutions for our customers. Developer Experience comprises of several key areas: Developer Tools, Build Platform, Testing & Chaos Platform, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. If you enjoy enabling other engineers to be productive, discussing anything from developer tools to kernels and you measure the success of your projects in "nines", we would like to talk to you.
Back to top