Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Uber’s Cloud team is seeking experienced software engineers to help build the future of urban transportation on public cloud infrastructure. Sound interesting? Read on.
Our job is to build a next generation, flexible capacity platform to propel Uber into the next 10×-100x growth levels – which will come pretty soon, considering that we’re doubling in size every six months.
The Cloud team is building systems for consumption by all the other infrastructure and engineering teams at Uber. We’re setting best practices and helping other teams architect better solutions, and we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty. You’ll get to experiment with a range of cutting edge technologies that will define our next generation infrastructure platform and increase the productivity of all engineers at Uber.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent Java (or Go) development and OO design skills.
- Strong interest (and ideally experience) in building distributed systems with scalability and reliability in mind. If your architecture can’t scale to 100x at 99.99% availability, it won’t work for Uber.
- Product and customer centric mindset. The platform we are building is going to be leveraged by hundreds of Uber engineers across many teams.
- Prior experience working with AWS EC2, VPC, S3 or other public cloud services
- Experience or interest in building clean, public facing REST/Thrift APIs
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top