Senior Software Engineer - Camera & Sensors
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber's Advanced Technologies Maps Engineering Team is helping build the next generation of mapping and sensing technologies. The work we do is directly impacting Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our team is comprised of world-class engineers with decades of software development and geospatial experience. We're looking for superstar engineers who can work faster and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
The Maps Cameras & Sensors Team is building a large scale imagery collection system to support Uber's Maps operations. Our vision is to make map processing at Uber the industry leader in efficiency and our team is the first link in that chain. We are responsible for collecting and processing petabytes of imagery and sensor data every week, and we need a fast, reliable system that's up to the task. You'll be part of a team of engineers who design new hardware, develop algorithms and evolve them to work on large scale production systems. High quality data is key to our entire system, and your job will be to help get it there.
Here are the skills we're looking for:
- A strong engineering background with solid computer science and math fundamentals
- An understanding of large-scale distributed data processing (e.g. Hadoop / Spark / MapReduce)
- We span languages here: solid software development experience in either Python or Java is required. Go and/or Scala experience a plus
- Solid Linux skills
- Deep curiosity to explore new ideas and passion to make them happen
- A track record of being a self-starter, willing to take risks and make big bold bets, show great hustle, all while keeping a positive, winning attitude
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top