Senior Software Engineer - Camera & Sensors
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for engineering? Are you excited to help move people and things more efficiently around the world? Do you think maps are cool and are passionate about helping make them better? As an Uber team member, you’ll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. The work you will do will be hugely impactful across the business. The experience you will gain will be unique and unmatched.
Uber’s Advanced Technologies Maps Engineering Team is helping build the next generation of mapping and sensing technologies. The work we do is directly impacting Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our team is comprised of world-class engineers with decades of software development and geospatial experience. We’re looking for superstar engineers who can work faster and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
The Maps Cameras & Sensors Team is building a large scale imagery collection system to support Uber’s Maps operations. Our vision is to make map processing at Uber the industry leader in efficiency and our team is the first link in that chain. We are responsible for collecting and processing petabytes of imagery and sensor data every week, and we need a fast, reliable system that’s up to the task. You’ll be part of a team of engineers who design new hardware, develop algorithms and evolve them to work on large scale production systems. High quality data is key to our entire system, and your job will be to help get it there.
Here are the skills we’re looking for:
- A strong engineering background with solid computer science and math fundamentals
- An understanding of large-scale distributed data processing (e.g. Hadoop / Spark / MapReduce)
- We span languages here: solid software development experience in either Python or Java is required. Go and/or Scala experience a plus
- Solid Linux skills
- Deep curiosity to explore new ideas and passion to make them happen
- A track record of being a self-starter, willing to take risks and make big bold bets, show great hustle, all while keeping a positive, winning attitude
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top