Senior Software Engineer – Big Data
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for engineering? Are you excited to help move people and things more efficiently around the world? Do you think maps and geospatial problems are interesting and are passionate about helping make them better? As an Uber team member, you’ll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. The work you will do will be hugely impactful across the business. The experience you will gain will be unique and unmatched.
Uber’s Advanced Technologies Maps Engineering Team is helping build the next generation of mapping and sensing technologies. The work we do is directly impacting Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our team is comprised of world-class engineers with decades of software development and geospatial experience. We’re looking for superstar engineers who can work faster and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
The Maps Imagery Processing team is looking for strong senior software engineers, who will be handling, tracking, and processing multiple petabytes of data a week. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting, agile, and rapidly growing new organization. As a member of the Imagery Processing team, you’ll help design, and build an end-to-end system to manage, track, analyze, and process the data used to improve the maps from around the world. This will all be done using the latest open-stack technologies.
Here are the skills that we are looking for:
- Driven and focused self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through – you aggressively tackle your work and love the responsibility of being individually empowered.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- Extensive software development experience in one or more of the following languages:
- Managing large data structures and creating algorithms to operate on them efficiently.
Specific skills that are a plus:
- Experience in distributed computing in Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, and Cassandra environment.
- Experience in creating tools that make developing, monitoring, and debugging software easier.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top