Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Rider Team - Seattle)
Uber is hard at work revolutionizing the way people move throughout the world. We provide innovative solutions for global markets, each with a unique supply/demand dynamic. The Rider Experience team brings our logistics platform to new audiences by incubating products and services.
- Magic pick-ups - walk straight from your flight to the easy-to-find pickup area and have a car waiting for you
- our team creates models to predict incoming riders to ensure there is enough supply, dispatched at exactly the right times
- first invitations through parental controls
- Make it easier for all members of your family and all types of families to use Uber.
- Safety features: such as remote trip tracking, stronger driver IDs, and ML-based predictive matching
- Detect potholes, dangerous intersections, and traffic hot spots
- Help cities design safer roads
- Work with cities to make transportation as effective as running water for everyone.
- Ensuring Uber is available everywhere, in communities big and small.
- Providing Uber riders with the reassurance that they can count on Uber no matter when
or where they're going globally
Uber is looking for Senior Software Engineers to make going to and from airports a seamless part of a traveller's experience. The mission of the Airports team is to make Uber the preferred ground-transportation solution for both riders and drivers at airports across the globe. Wecreate magic airport pick-ups experience - walk straight from your flight to the easy-to-find pickup area and have a car waiting for you. Wecreate models to predict incoming riders to ensure there is enough supply, dispatched at exactly the right times. We build efficient dispatch systems that serve users at many of the world busiest and most topographically complex airports. You should be passionate about building scalable software, leveraging intelligent algorithms and making high quality impactful changes.
- BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field required
- Strong track record of shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
- Data-driven architecture and systems design
- Familiarity with or interest in Node.js/Python/Go and React/Angular/Ember
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top