Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Driver Platform)
The Driver Growth Platform team is obsessed with scale. We focus on building the infrastructure to enable Uber to onboard hundreds of thousands of drivers every month and to support millions of active users. The systems we build are used across the Growth team and all of Uber making us one of the most cross-functional teams at the company. We are looking for strong engineers with a passion for solving complex problems and creating a huge and lasting impact.
Given how broadly our projects extend, we are looking for engineers who enjoy working with multiple stakeholders and pushing your boundaries. Come help us work on the most challenging and novel real-world transportation problems at an unprecedented scale.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad. This is a team that collaborates with others across all of Uber. Uber has a huge stack, and we’re all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
- Strong software development skills & willing to take on new challenges.
- Intelligent. Highly adaptable. Rapid learners.
- Superior teaching skills. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top