Senior Software Engineer - Back End, UberRUSH (New York)
Uber Everything will collapse the time and distance between everyone and everything they want. Right now, we’re focusing on UberRUSH (quickly moving everything around the world). As the team grows, we will be building the next generation of Uber’s logistics platform. Define Uber’s future by building it with us.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Fast learners. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the API and service layers, you understand how all the pieces fit together (frontend, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Strong architecture chops. You know how to build highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique rate-of-growth requirements. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You’d never call code “released” until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Be showered with Uber credits each month
- Beautiful new office in Chelsea
- Delicious catered lunches
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Unlimited vacation policy so you can work hard and take time when you need it
- Competitive salary
- Equity compensation plan
- Generous medical, dental and vision coverage to fit your needs
- Gym reimbursement
Help us make transportation so available and affordable that private ownership of automobiles becomes a relic of the past. Reinvent logistics to create a world where everything can be delivered on-demand. Don’t you want a job where you can move atoms, not just bits?
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top