Senior Software Engineer Back End- Driver (Seattle)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Driver team at Uber is one of the fastest growing, most critical teams focused on growing the number of partners in Uber’s two-sided marketplace. We focus on building the infrastructure to enable Uber to onboard hundreds of thousands of drivers every month and to support millions of active users. The systems we build integrate with many systems at Uber, making us one of the most cross-functional teams at the company. We are looking for skilled engineers with a passion for solving complex problems and creating a huge and lasting impact.
What you’ll need
- Deep Technical Background: Excellent software design and development skills. Willing to take on new challenges. Familiar with latest system architecture technologies, and trends.
- Passion for Technical Depth and Breadth: Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad. Uber has a huge stack, and we’re all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
- Ability to learn quickly: Willingness to learn, and adapt to new technologies and contribute in a productive environment.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top