Senior Software Engineer Back End- Driver Onboarding (Seattle)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
The Driver team at Uber is one of the fastest growing, most critical teams focused on growing the number of partners in Uber's two-sided marketplace. We focus on building the infrastructure to enable Uber to onboard hundreds of thousands of drivers every month and to support millions of active users. The systems we build integrate with many systems at Uber, making us one of the most cross-functional teams at the company. We are looking for skilled engineers with a passion for solving complex problems and creating a huge and lasting impact.
What you'll need
- Deep Technical Background: Excellent software design and development skills. Willing to take on new challenges. Familiar with latest system architecture technologies, and trends.
- Passion for Technical Depth and Breadth: Engineers who can go deep, but appreciate the challenge of going broad. Uber has a huge stack, and we're all over it: backend services, real-time dispatch, mobile, web development, data and analytics, infrastructure, marketing systems.
- Ability to learn quickly: Willingness to learn, and adapt to new technologies and contribute in a productive environment.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top